Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things to work on in this essay:
1. Listening to my partners.
2. Not over doing it with quotes.
3. making sure I use commas correctly.
The Similarities Between a Quote From Charles Dickens and the song Here Comes The Sun:
Here Comes the Sun and The Season of Darkness
An Essay by Harry Staley
Pine Point English
November 17, 2011
Don’t you wish that there wasn’t a season of darkness to dull up your mood? No dark feelings and no unhappy thoughts could ruin your day no matter how gloomy your day has been. On those gray days where you had nothing to do but sit around and be bored, don’t you wish the sun could come out and brighten your mood? When the sun finally peeks out from underneath the thick, gray, puffy clouds, the happy sunshine finally spices up your day. I really wish there wouldn’t be a season of darkness.
Wouldn’t you do anything to let a little bit of sunshine into your life? Sometimes, even a slight chuckle can add enough sunshine to make your day, but if someone makes you laugh at the wrong time, it could ruin your day. I know when I am having one of those gloomy winter days; a good laugh will always make my day. I hate it when you feel like your day is dark and grey and you have no emotion because every little bit of laughter and happiness you had was sucked away by the bad weather. I think if the seasons of darkness didn’t exist the world would be way more enjoyable. I don’t believe they bring pleasure to people. When it is the season of darkness, people are just waiting for the sun. In my opinion the only way to make the season of darkness fade, is to act positive, and stay active. I think if you have a negative attitude your season of darkness will seem a lot longer than it actually is. I also think if you stay active you will feel a lot better about things, rather than sitting around all day waiting for something to happen.

                      When it is wintertime I cannot wait for that cold grey sky to fade to a gorgeous blue day. I always love that first summer day when you look up at the sky, and realize that, “its seemed like years since it’s been clear.” I can’t think of a better feeling in the world. I get that cold dark weather out of my mind and think of how great it is to have summer back and in my sight. I think the song, here comes the sun; basically sums up my feeling on letting the warm weather, and the happy memories come back. Winter is a grey miserable time of year, and all you can do is wait around for those occasional snow days. That isn’t much to look forward to half of the year. I just can’t think of a more annoying time of year, when you are on those last few days of winter, waiting for that sun to finally poke through. That sun is the happiness for me. I feel like I can’t be happy without the sun beating down on a blue sky and me. I cannot stand the season of darkness, or any season where I can’t go outside and see the blue sky.

                  Wouldn’t life be more enjoyable if the world was filled with the season of light? No harsh feelings to dampen your spirits or ruin a perfectly fine day. Now if it were up to me, I would spice up those boring, monotonous days by throwing a casual get together or spending it with my family. I love the feeling of having people around when I am having those bleak moments.. Nothing is better than having group of people you love surround you. If it were up to me I would eliminate the season of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment